Michael Jackson's brother Jermaine isn't happy about the singer's music being released after his death and wishes the Jackson 5 could have been involved. Michael Jackson's brother Jermaine isn't happy about the singer's music being released after his death. The 59-year-old singer and bass guitarist admits he has heard a few tracks from the new album, 'Xscape', which features unheard songs from the late King Of Pop, but wishes the Jackson brothers had been given the opportunity to work on the album.
He told TMZ: ''I heard some of the songs, I love 'Xscape', but I haven't heard the whole CD yet so until I hear it I can't give you an honest opinion. We have nothing to do with that, it's all the estate.'' Asked how he feels about the music being released after Michael's death in 2009, he said: ''You figure that out''. The star claims there is ''other stuff'' recorded by Michael which hasn't been released and he wishes his brothers - including Jackie, Tito and Marlon - could have been involved to make it an original Jackson 5 record, instead of the likes of producer Timbaland and Justin Timberlake being involved.
When the paparazzo asked, ''It probably doesn't rub you up the right way, right?'' Jermaine answered, ''No, not at all. They're just putting it together the way they want, they don't contact us, so.. ''Timbaland could have been me. The original Jackson Five back together, on record, what's wrong with that? And I love Timbaland by the way, nothing against Timbaland, but that could have been us.'' Michael's album 'Xscape' will be released on May 13, Pre-Order it now on iTunes.
Michael Jackson - Xscape (Deluxe) (2014) (May 13th)
- Love Never Felt So Good (John McClain)
- Chicago (Timbaland)
- Loving You (Timbaland)
- A Place With No Name (Stargate)
- Slave To The Rhythm (Timbaland, J-Roc)
- Do You Know Where Your Children Are (Timbaland)
- Blue Gangsta (Timbaland)
- Xscape (Darkchild)
- Love Never Felt So Good (John McClain) (Original) (83')
- Chicago (Cory Rooney) (Original) (99')
- Loving You (Michael Jackson) (Original) (87')
- A Place With No Name (Dr. Freeze) (Original) (98')
- Slave To The Rhythm (L.A. Reid, Babyface) (Original) (89')
- Do You Know Where Your Children Are (Michael Jackson) (Original) (87')
- Blue Gangsta (Dr. Freeze) (Original) (98')
- Xscape (Teddy Riley) (Original) (01')
- Love Never Felt So Good feat. Justin Timberlake (Timbaland)