A new visual album featuring some of the biggest names in music and film will provide football with an alternative soundtrack this summer – one that might just match the beauty and excitement of the World Cup action on the pitch. The Pepsi MAX Beats Of The Beautiful Game visual album was announced on May 12th and features 11 songs – a combination of original tracks, exhilarating remixes and reimagined classics – with accompanying videos that celebrate the world's most popular sport.
Featuring tracks from Kelly Rowland, Janelle Monáe, Rita Ora and Timbaland with Rachel Assil, as well as videos from directors such as Idris Elba and Spike Lee, the visual album attempts to illustrate the relationship between music, film and sport, while also capturing the unique flavour and passion of football. Each week, Pepsi MAX will premiere songs off the album as singles on the iTunes store, with accompanying filmtracks free to view the same day on pepsi.com/thegame, as well as artists’ YouTube or Vevo channels, thanks to Davidprimer.
Pepsi MAX Presents… Beats Of The Beautiful Game (2014)
- Janelle Monáe - Heroes With The Young Astronauts
- Don Omar - Pura Vida With Jessy Terrero
- Rita Ora - I Will Never Let You Down (Switch Remix) With Diego Luna
- R3hab & Eva Simons - Unstoppable With Idris Elba
- Jetta - Crescendo
- Kelly Rowland - The Game With Spike Lee
- Santigold - Kicking Down Doors With Andy Morahan
- Timbaland & Rachel Assil - Whoever We Are With The Kolton Brothers
- Pearls Negras - Guerreira With Cine Favela
- Jolin Tsai Yl-ling - Now Is The Time With Cai Yiqi
- Hassan El Shafei - Ahlam Men Gedial