Timbaland Talks New Album ‘Opera Noir’, Signs V Bozeman To MMG


Timbaland sat down with Revolt.tv to talk about his recent work on the Michael Jackson album "I didn't know how much, emotionally, it would take a toll on me, dealing with somebody that you looked up to," Tim revealed, looking more than relieved to watch the project finally find its way to the world. "We just did whatever Michael would want us to do. We let [the music] talk to us, instead of us talking to it. We let Michael talk to us."

Still, that emotional toll may have proven to be too great for Tim, as when asked if he saw himself taking on another project like Xscape in the future, he was quick to come back with a prompt "No," asserting that the album was "one of a kind." Timbaland revealed also that his new album will be called ‘Opera Noir’. "I found who I am and what I'm comfortable with, and what I want to do." Asked about the meaning of the album title and its central theme, Tim humbly said, "It's a culture thing. It's the truth. It's just about life in general. My life. My personal life, and I found myself as an artist and human being and as a man.
Image Hosted by UploadHouse.com
I found who I am," "Me and my New Artist, her name is V. Just me and her. And Cee-Lo. That's it," Tim said of the artists featured on the upcoming album. Not a bad cast of characters, though to any casual fan, it's obvious he could've called upon any number of his superstar homies to lend a helping hand. Still, Tim clarifies that "When [Opera Noir] comes out and you see the whole package, you'll understand why. You'll see it, and you'll be like, 'Wow, I've never seen nothing like this.'"

If you're wondering what iconic hip-hop album the esteemed producer would compare his surely cinematic Opera Noir to, he likens it to his version of Dr. Dre's 1992 masterwork, The Chronic"I finally made my Chronic," Tim assured them. With his history, we're likely not the only ones excited to hear whatever it is that sounds like.Textbook Timbo was the previous title of his album, which has been pushed back for almost 2 years now and it was planned to be released this summer together with Missy Elliott’s new album. It looks like his new single ‘Been It’ with Pharrell and Justin or any other tunes that leaked before won’t be on this project though, stay tuned for more Information, thanks to Davidprimer.

*revolt.tv

Timbaland - Opera Noir (201X)
Confirmed Features:
V Bozeman, Cee-Lo Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment