Tink Talks Working With Timbaland

Image Hosted by UploadHouse.com
With a Timbaland-produced album on the way, and collaborations with Jeremih, Kelela and Sleigh Bells under her belt, Tink has come across a huge rush of success recently. It's safe to say the 19-year old Chicago rapper has begun to carve out a space for herself. But to Tink, she's still just the girl from around the way.

What about working with Timbaland? That must be a dream come true.
When I met him and we first got in the studio, I felt like that was a peak moment for me. I've never worked hands on with a producer. I’ve been on my own writing, just taking beats and doing what I have to do. I’ve been on my own. To have Timbaland invite me in, and say that 'I want to work with you' is amazing. He’s a legend. He worked with people I grew up listening and watching [like] Aaliyah and Missy Elliott. I've seen him work with Justin [Timberlake]. For him to see something in little me, motivated me so much.

*billboard.com

No comments:

Post a Comment