V. Bozeman x YMMWT.com Interview, Music Is My Boyfriend Due 2016

Image Hosted by UploadHouse.com
A few weeks back YMMWT.com chatted with rising singer V. Bozeman. The singer who was first introduced to the world on Timothy Bloom’s Till The End Of Time song has been making a name for her self. After being seen on the first season of FOX groundbreaking show Empire V. Bozeman talks to us about the brand new music she has been working on with super-producer Timbaland as well as working on the hit show Empire and what else we can expect from the LA born singer this year. Check out our new interview with the singer below.

YMMW: Last time we had an interview with you, you were working with Cee-Lo Green. Tell us how you started working with Timbaland and what is it like working with him?
V. Bozeman: It was great I met with Timbaland around the time I did Till the End of Time with Timothy Bloom and we’ve always been friends ever since then. He was working on a new project called opera Nior and he wanted somebody to be the other half as far as a singer on that project  and he said my named just popped up and he called me, and said I’m ready for you lets go, because initially he told me I’m going to come back for you I don’t know when I don’t know how but I’m going to come back for you and he did. And that’s how it all happened.

*ymmwt.com


YMMW: we saw you on the hit TV show Empire, How did the opportunity come about?
V. Bozeman: Through Timbaland of course, he is executive producing the music and I did a piece with Cee-Lo called “Race Jones” that I have been sitting on for about a year, and I decided to show Timbaland that piece and he just loved it and he just shot it over to Lee Daniels, and said I think long called my manager I read for the part and here we are now (Laughs). It all happened authentically.

YMMW: What is love was a fan favorite on Empire, did you think the song or the show would receive such a huge response as it did?
V. Bozeman:  You know what I thought that Empire would be huge of course I did, one of my first interviews about Empire I said the show is going to be cultural phenomenon just wait, It was in my gut I just knew it. With everything that Lee Daniels and Danny strong had brought to the table with this series I knew it was going to be big. But I did not think What is Love would be this big I just really didn’t, you know I felt like it was another song about love, but I did forget that love is a universal language so I think that resonated with people. I just approached the song in an authentic way because the lyrics are real so I knew it was a good song, but did I think it would do all of this.. No (Laughs) absolutely not.

YMMW: With now having both what is love and Black & Blue out right now, are you working on a new EP that we can expect to hear soon?
V. Bozeman: Yeah, absolutely, Timbaland and I are working on this new project called Opera Noir, it’s him and me, we did a collaborative effort and the first single will be released soon called Smile. This project is amazing, I’m so proud of it and to be alongside Timabland and to share with the world, it’s going to hit the industry really hard, it’s just an amazing body of work I’m really proud of it. Then, following Opera Noir will be my debut album called Music is My Boyfriend so it’s going to be a lot of music coming from me and a Mosley music group this year.

YMMW: With this project Opera Noir, what kind of music can we expect to hear will the vibe be the same as ‘What Is Love’ and ‘Black & Blue’ or is it a different type of sound?
V. Bozeman: Its timeless sound, the sound is a lot of old mixed with new because Timbaland brings those ism that he brings to music sonically and it’s just bringing feeling back into music and it’s just going to be one of those timeless records that will always be relevant. I don’t think you guys have ever heard sonically Timbaland like this and that’s why I’m so proud of it, and he’s actually singing a lot on this album that’s people aren’t used to hearing him this way, I’m just proud it, the content, the production is A1 Timbaland is never going to bring you anything that isn’t the best so it’s an amazing body of work.

YMMW: You were first introduced to the world on Timothy Blooms until the End of time and now being on such a huge show such as Empire how does it feel to finally have to world how great a vocalist V. Bozeman is?
V. Bozeman: I just think that empire and what is love, just the platform that it’s on in the first place is huge and thank god I executed that song and people get to see me in the best light on such a big platform. I just think the stars aligned when it came to the situation of Empire and What is love and my brand. My whole mission statement is to touch the heart and the soul of people that’s always what I want to do, when I’m on stage I don’t want people infatuated with how I look or what I’m doing I really want people to connect with the song, the words and the voice because that’s the gift. So I think that it all aligned with the perfect alignment with the Empire situation, for people to really take me seriously as an artist, I came in with Timothy Bloom and that had its run and then I went with Cee-Lo and I was just cultivating over time and to be brought back in such a big way, that’s an artist’s dream.

YMMW: How would you say your sound has changed from when you released Poison to the music you are working on now?
V. Bozeman: I feel like I’m forever evolving into a better singer and creative person every day, I’ve always been a little left-of-center, like you can think about poison and what my album is now it’s still left-of-center but it’s still cool, and that’s what is so special about me and Tim, because he’s a little left-of-center but he knows how to make it cool, and  think I have evolved as a songwriter, a performer, vocally I have become stronger. So with that, I think I’m the same I just evolved to become better.

YMMW: What is your current label situation right now are you signed with Timbaland’s label or do you have another label you are signed to?
V. Bozeman: I’m signed to Mosley Music/Epic records, that’s the current situation; I’ve been signed to Tim for about a year now and Epic records for about 6 months or so. With Epic I’m fairly new, and to have two albums which is amazing.

YMMW: Earlier in the interview you said your debut album will be titled Music is My Boyfriend, do you have a potential release date for that album?
V. Bozeman: That should be out at the top of 2016, because we have to push out Opera Noir first. So you have Empire, then you have Opera Noir, then you have my album. And that’s the perfect set up for an up-and-coming artist, to finally be put out there. It’s just done in the right way; I love the fact that I’m not just being thrown out there prematurely or anything like that. Everyone’s going to be able to see the rose coming to bloom your going to see that happen.

YMMW: With Empire now being picked up for season two will you be a part of the new season?
V. Bozeman: Yes, I will be, I’ll have a much bigger role and we will start to film in august, I’m so excited I can’t wait to see what these writers are going to write about in the second season (Laughs), it’s going to be I’m sure full of drama.

YMMW: With your new albums and filming the second season of Empire, what else can we expect to see from V. Bozeman in 2016?
V. Bozeman: I’m doing a lot of modeling, I’m getting a lot of scripts coming in through CAA, so a lot of modeling and acting, I’m doing a lot of shows everywhere. I’m going to Canada, I’ll be going to Indonesia to do a couple of shows, so I’m doing a lot of shows in between time, just getting ready for this Opera Noir run with Timbaland.

No comments:

Post a Comment