Timbaland x SI.com Interview

hgfhgf ghfghf
Timbaland sat down with SI.com to talk about his new music, some past projects and much more.

Rohan Nadkarni: I know you recently helped produce the music for Scott Van Pelt's SportsCenter, and now you're working on the NBA playoffs. How do you approach a project like this? Is it similar to your normal process for producing music?
Timbaland: “Yes, I wanted the energy in this spot to reflect how fast the game is.”

RN: What other institutions would you like to do original music for? Could you ever see yourself doing a James Bond song or a World Cup anthem?
Timbaland: “Absolutely. I love film and TV. I would love to do a World Cup song. Empire has really been a blessing.”

*si.com


RN: Did you have a favorite NBA team growing up? Who would you like to see win the Finals this year?
Timbaland: “I really don't have a favorite team. I have certain players from different teams I like watching play.”

RN: If you and Magoo could take on any two NBA players NBA-jam style, which two guys do you think y'all would match up with?
Timbaland: “Hmmm that’s a tough one. MJ and Lebron!”

RN: To this day, “Promiscuous” is one of my all-time favorite songs. What's up with you and Nelly Furtado these days? Are there any collaborations on the horizon?
Timbaland: “I love that record. Anything is possible!”

RN: Obviously you have an insane catalog of hits. Is there any song or album that was your favorite to produce? Or what are some of your favorites, and why?
Timbaland: “I know this sounds like a typical answer but honestly each song has a different meaning to me. When I think about my music and who I was working with I think about what I was going though in my life at that time. They are all special to me.”

RN: Which artist do you think is creating the most interesting material right now? What music does Timbaland listen to?
Timbaland: “So many...Drake, Kanye, Justin, Taylor, Bryson...”

No comments:

Post a Comment