Tee Grizzley Releases 'Scriptures' Album With Eight Timbaland Tracks, Talks Working With Timbaland

fsdsdfdsfdsf
Tee Grizzley's Scriptures project has officially hit streaming services, arriving more than a year after the release of his sophomore album, Activated. Over the past couple of months, the Detroit-bred rapper has warmed fans up with the release of promotional singles “God’s Warrior,” “Locked Up,” and “Sweet Thangs.” The album is produced by Timbaland and his producers Angel Lopez and Federico Vindver among others. Stream the album below and check out some of the Interviews where he talks about working with Timbaland.

Tee Grizzley - Scriptures (2019)
01 - God's Warrior (Timbaland, Angel Lopez, Federico Vindver, Shucati, Lazlow 808)
02 - Sweet Thangs (Timbaland, Angel Lopez, Federico Vindver, Shucati)
03 - Heroes (Timbaland, Angel Lopez, Federico Vindver, Keanu Beats, Hunnid)
04 - No Talkin'
05 - Had To (Timbaland, Angel Lopez, Federico Vindver, Keanu Beats, Cosa Nostra Beats)
06 - Locksmith (Timbaland, Angel Lopez, Federico Vindver)
07 - Scriptures (Timbaland, Angel Lopez, Federico Vindver, Keanu Beats, Ambezza)
08 - Locked Up
09 - Add Me Up
10 - More Than Friends (Timbaland, Angel Lopez, Federico Vindver, Shucati)
11 - Overseas
12 - Million Dollar Foreign (Timbaland, Angel Lopez, Federico Vindver, Keanu Beats, SCXTT)
13 - Preach
14 - Young Grizzley World feat. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie & YNW Melly



So let’s start with the album. How’d you come to first meet Timbaland?
I was in the studio with Kanye West, we were down there in Miami or whatever. He was like come to the studio pull up. I pull up—Timbaland in there. I’m like, “Oh shit this nigga Timbaland in this bitch, you feel me?” Timbaland noticed who I was, and was like, “You hard, I fuck with you.” Now, I’m trying to get a beat from him, you feel me? “Timb, I look up to you bro, you one of the coldest, top 3 producers.” He was like, “Shit let’s work.” I’m like, “Shit, let me get a beat. He’s like, “Nah, I’ll do your whole album.” I’m like, “Damn.” Fucked me up.

Did he share how he discovered you music?
He ain’t even tell me how, but he got kids though, so his kids probably was bringing the music to him. That can happen a lot.

What’s working in the studio with him like, was it a 1-on-1 collaboration, or did he just send you music?
No, it was 1-on-1, we were in the studio every time we worked together.

What was that experience like?
It’s like being at work and your mentor there. So you learn a lot, you’re inspired at the same time, and then you working, being creative. It’s a good space.

*spin.com

How was the energy between you and Timbaland when you first started collaborating and how has it developed since? What was the first song you two recorded together?
Shit, he was like telling me, ‘N***a, you hard as fuck.’  That shit meant a lot to me. So the energy was already like, it was a good vibe.  And then when we got to workin’ together, he was happy with what was coming out from his beats and I was happy with what was coming out from it. Shit was just crazy.

Your other projects have been largely produced by Helluva. How was it locking in with someone like Timbaland for a full album?
So, it definitely was a different approach that I had to take to it. You know, with Helluva beats, it’s like that’s what I’ve been hearing my whole life so I know how to do it and I immediately know what I wanna do when I hear the beat. With Timbaland shit, it makes you sit down and think and really come up with shit, you feel me? Like, I had to take my time on it and I really, I had to take a more serious approach with it.

He’s made hits for over two decades at this point but you’re someone who hasn’t necessarily thrived off of Billboard charting hits but rather your mixtapes and other bodies of work you’ve put out. Do you feel like there’s any more pressure having someone like Timbaland produce the whole project to gain more commercial success? Or is that even something you focus on?
I ain’t gon’ lie, I don’t even focus on that when I make a project. I just try to make good music, you know what I’m saying? Because the music game -- I don’t really get pressured or feel a way when certain success don’t come because I know that the music game is chance, it’s not skill. You know what I’m sayin’? So you never know what could happen. You don’t even have to be sweet to have a lot of commercial success, you don’t really have to say nothin’. You could talk about a lot of nothin’ and have a lot of commercial success so I just look at it like, I’m just trying to make the best music I can and whatever happens, happens and I appreciate everybody that’s supporting me along the way.

Timbo went on Instagram last night and praised you for your skills as a storyteller, one track in particular that highlighted that was “Had To” and “Sweet Thangs.” What’s brilliant about it to me is that on those songs is that you show the good and the bad, the action and reaction to things you’ve done. What inspired that track?
Those beats just motivated me, you know what I’m saying? I wanted to do the best I could because of the beats. It’s not like I could instantly come up with something. I really had to sit down and think and try to really rap.

*hotnewhiphop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment