Dave East Talks Working With Timbaland

fghfghfgh
On “Seventeen” there’s that dialogue with the principal, you not wanting to go to class, him threatening you with detention… Right, and that was me, man! And it’s crazy because I feel like taking the Method Man role [on Hulu’s Wu-Tang: An American Saga] played into it, because on the show I’m playing a 19-year old kid, and just me tapping into that, it made me think about my own life. And, who was I at 17? What was my attitude like? What was I saying, what was I going through? You know what I mean?

And shout to Timbaland, he produced the record. Got in the studio with Timbo and we went through a bunch of beats. We might have done eight records, but that one stuck. And he even said, “Yo, I don’t even know you! I mean, I know Dave East, but I don’t know you like that! And you brought me into that.” And also I just wanted my mother to be on it – like the whole waking me up for school thing [on “Way to School”]?  


*billboard.com

No comments:

Post a Comment