Nelly Furtado Talks Reunion With Timbaland, Joins YouTube's Billion Views Club

img
Nelly Furtado sat down with Paper Magazine to discuss her upcoming album, set to release next year. In a candid conversation, she shared insights into her creative process and the joy of reuniting with longtime collaborator Timbaland on the track "Keep Going Up."

Reflecting on working with Timbaland again, Furtado described the experience as a homecoming:
"You know, what it felt like? It felt like coming home a little bit, because Tim and I, there's something ... I don't know! When Tim and I are in a room together, it's almost like we really see each other. It's like a creative mirror, where we see the freak in the other one, you know? I mean that in the best way, and can just relax, and just be ourselves in this really cool way that probably we can't be with anybody else except each other."

Their collaboration on "Keep Going Up" was sparked by a spontaneous FaceTime call to celebrate 17 Years of her album "Loose":
"When I saw him in Miami, and we worked on 'Keep Going Up' together, it did feel that good. It did feel that magical. And then also for me, it was a bit like a healing experience, because that just came out of a FaceTime call. My social media manager was like, you should call Tim to celebrate 17 years of Loose, and I called him, and it turned into this two-hour, human-to-human real conversation, where he said thank you. And I thanked him, and he told me he thought my Dom Dolla song was awesome, and that I sounded good on it."

This heartfelt reconnection led to a fruitful studio session:
"Something magical happened within, and then he and I got together in the studio, and I felt the support. It just felt like we had each other's backs, because actions speak louder than words. Putting together a song, pulling it out of the air, putting it out two weeks later. That doesn't happen every day." Stay tuned for more updates. Read the full interview on Paper Magazine.

And Nelly Furtado's music video for "Say It Right" featuring Timbaland has surpassed One Billion views on YouTube, as reported by Billboard. The video, uploaded in June 2009, showcases Furtado performing atop a Los Angeles skyscraper. "Say It Right," from her third album Loose, peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2007 and earned Furtado a Grammy Nomination for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance in 2008.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment