Rahk x TripleHQ Interview

fghg fghhgf
What made you decide to become a music producer? Becoming a producer?
I just always knew what I wanted to do, and since 3-4 I’ve pretty much worked on THAT.

How did you come up with the stage name Rahk?
An old head gave it to me. I used to sample heavy until I embraced my Musician side fully. You know, It was the IN thing with Ye looping up soul samples. My big bro is Pete. So when I switched schools nobody knew my name, They called me Lil Pete. Pete Rahk. Also one of my favorite producers at the time. So you will see some people still call me Pete, Some Credits as Pete Rahk (Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q, Tyga, etc) and then now I’m just Rahk.

In your opinion who is the most influential and successful artist in your genre today and why?
To answer that I would have to have a genre. I go with the feel man haha. Success means different shit to different people. If you’re not being yourself, the level of success as an individual to me isn’t there. Everybody doing what they want, and being who their mothers raised them to be, I admire them. You are influential. Lets bring back the art.

What software or equipment do you prefer using?
Ableton Live, MPC2500 or Renaissance, Logic.

*triplehq.com

If you could choose to work with some of today’s established artists or producers, with whom would you like to collaborate? Who are some you already had the opportunity to work with already?
Sia. I LOVE Sia, man. Lana Del Rey, Kelly Rowland, Jhene Aiko, Trey Songz, August Alsina, Saba from 94sGold, Keyshia Cole. Its alot of RnB acts I wanna go in with to do something CREATIVE, and not cliche or catered to the current “trends” of music. Producers I wanna work with Metro, Tm88, Mr Carmack, Zedd, Loudpvck, Max Martin, Dr Luke, Ammo from Lukes camp, haha. Its alot of cats I like man. Ive worked with alot too. But We would be here all day If I tell u about all the songs I did that didnt come out, So Im not gonna be that guy. I do want to work with Kendrick and Schoolboy Q again.

If artists are looking to buy production from you where can they go to get more information?
Inquiries@only1Rahk.com HAVE YOUR BUDGET though. Be open with it as well. The worst thing I can say is nah.

In your experience thus far, what is the best piece of advice in this business you actually followed? And one you didn’t follow, but now know for sure that you should have?
Best piece was go with the feel. One that I didn’t Follow but I should’ve? Work on your own dream because you can lose all your connects tomorrow, then what?

Being a producer, which is the one factor, above all else, that you currently desire most (increased music distribution, better quality production, more media exposure, more club and live performances etc…)?
For me I just want to continue to be myself and find myself musically. The rest will follow. I don’t have any unrealistic expectations of anybody or anything At this point. I only can work on me and BRING IT every single time. I want to change lives with music Like Timbo did. I want to make the timeless records that The Neptunes did. That’s what I want.

Explain to our writers the difference between a beat maker and a producer.
A beat maker has no vision, they really just doing what everybody else is doing. Watched a tutorial and now can provide you the beat but that’s where their input stops. A Producer can actually craft a song and input things he/she hears and knows that aren’t production related, its a real art to this shit.

In closing, tell us something about any projects and ideas you have in store or are already working on?
I only want to talk about my own project man. And Jay Pharoahs. Watch out for both. Also Want to work with writers on full records. Writers, Lets build.

Any shoutouts?
Gotta shout out my damn self man. HAHAHAAHHAHA nah ain’t gonna go out the Yeezy way, but thank you to everybody who has walked this Journey with me. Cierra, Destin, Bri aka Starrah, Magoo, Timbaland, Missy, Maestro, Wes, Carly, Chester, my parents because really I just said fuck everything, I’m going to do music at one point. My Aunts and Uncles for being active in my life, my sons Zyire and Joshua, Daughters Langston and Alana. Just Everybody man. If I forgot you, I’m sorry, My mind is just doing a whole lot right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment